ETIS 5G Resistance Task Force + Supply Chain Issues Task Force - will you join us?
Thursday 14 May 2020
Posted by: Michele Lalic
ETIS is currently gauging interest in the creation of two separate "task forces" related to the challenges currently being faced as a result of the coronavirus crisis as well as the rollout of 5G.
5G RESISTANCE TASK FORCE
5G is nowadays being linked to the COVID-19 crisis, not only on the internet but also echoing in certain media. Acts of vandalism on Telco infrastructure occurred in the United Kingdom, The Netherlands as well as Belgium in the last couple of weeks.
In order to at least share local experiences and actions, and if appropriate and possible, in order to act together, ETIS will set-up a Task Force with the following mandate:
1. Exchange status on opposition related to 5G roll-out in your home country
- Opposition at public opinion level (articles on internet fora, in media, action groups ag anti EMF groups)
- At political level (e.g. cities refusing permits to build5G sites)
- Acts of vandalism reported so far
2. Exchange possible actions taken or planned to counteract:
- By whom? At what level?
- Towards which audience
3. Discuss possible common approach
SUPPLY CHAIN ISSUES TASK FORCE
The threat of supply chain issues has been raised both during the most recent "Coronavirus Crisis" weekly call (a series involving members of the ETIS Management Board as well as some from the crisis management teams of our members) as well as during the latest Procurement and Vendor Management Working Group webinar.
The following potential supply chain issues have been identified:
- Scarcity of products due to:
- Higher/peak in demand
- Low availability of products/production due to (semi) closed factory/production facilities
- Unavailability of transportation channels
- Increase in air freight cost (x3 up to x5)
- Limited shipment capacity
- Longer delivery times
- Difficult customs clearance and border policies
- Lower capacity
Are you an ETIS member and interested to learn more or join one of these task forces? Contact us!