ETIS Workplan 2020
Friday 24 April 2020
Posted by: Wim De Meyer
Dear Members of the ETIS Community:
We are living in unprecedented times. The Covid-19 crisis has changed our Way of Living and Working drastically.
Telecom operators have done a tremendous job in helping to contain the impact of the crisis.
Thanks to homeworking, video conferencing, streaming, voice calls and many other services the economy is not in a full stop.
The reputation of telcos is boosted, a general outcome could be that telecom services are no longer seen as a commodity service but as part of critical infrastructure.
There is also a common belief that we will move into a “New Normal” which will be very different from the way we lived and worked before the current crisis. Digitalisation is being accelerated overnight and is here to stay. Therefore there are also opportunities for Telcos to get “ahead of the curve”.
ETIS also has pro-actively taken measures to cope with current crisis and adapted its workplan for 2020.
- We have re-focused our activities for this year to make sure we address the topics and challenges you are facing now.
- To cope with the uncertainties related to travel, we have decided to replace our physical WG meetings with over 100 webinars and conference calls in 2020. Since the outbreak of the crisis already 20 webinars/conf calls have been organised. We get very positive feedback and high attendance rates.
To continue to make these webinars and conference calls as relevant and interesting as possible for you, we identified 4 possible focus domains for future webinars and calls :
- Topics in the field of expertise of your Working Group related to current Covid-19 crisis (topics suggested and prioritized by members). From discussions concerning network traffic and congestion to track mobility to measures taken to drive digital sales and payments, we have shifted our short term foci to reflect your own—mitigate the risks and address the challenges arising amid the coronavirus crisis.
- Topics in the field of expertise of your Working Group related to Exit scenarios under discussion in your country and company. These exit scenarios are now starting to be implemented. Sharing plans and actual experiences are crucial to control exit as much as possible.
- Topics in the field of expertise of your Working Group related to “How to get ahead of the curve and accelerate digitisation (New Normal)”. This includes speeding up Digital Transformation, eg Digital Workplace, Homeworking, e-Business, automation
• For your company
• For your customers (B2C and B2B)
- Continue to discuss relevant topics not linked to crisis or New Normal
You will get in coming days a dedicated mail for your Working Group outlining when the webinars and calls are planned so you can block your agendas. Please contact the ETIS Central Office Point of Contact (Michele, Andrija or myself) to suggest topics for these webinars and calls.
We are also organising a digital conference for the morning of October 15th 2020. This will replace the ETIS Community Gathering, which will now take place in late March in Rome. Details to come, but please save both dates!
We wish you a safe and controlled exit out of the current crisis and into the “New Normal”. Please contact us for any feedback or suggestion.
Stay Safe and Kind Regards,
Wim De Meyer
ETIS Managing Director