Top 5 reasons to attend the ETIS Community Gathering 2018
Friday 22 June 2018
Posted by: Michele Lalic
1. Hear the latest tech trends from influential and world-renowned speakers
Be inspired. Speakers will share possible future scenarios for the industry, the impact of new technologies such as artificial intelligence and blockchain as well as some practical insights and strategies needed to drive change and digitalization in your companies.
2. Explore the direction the telecom industry is headed
But don’t JUST be inspired.
- Explore the direction the industry is headed through our interactive workshops and round table discussions;
- share your experiences and discuss the challenges you are currently facing;
- discover new opportunities or focuses;
- benchmark and evaluate your business processes;
- validate (or not) your strategic direction; and
- learn about new trends that could impact your department.
3. Collaborate and meet with peers and industry leaders
Position papers, feedback, roadmaps and other practical tools are the direct results of the collaboration that occurs during working group discussions and workshops. But collaboration doesn’t end there. Through our working groups, pan-European projects and partnership opportunities are also facilitated.
Moreover, with around 200 participants from various domains in the telecommunications industry—from cybersecurity experts to big data analysts to innovation managers to network and IT infrastructure specialists—you will have an invaluable and unique opportunity to build your professional network.
As a driver of digital transformation, innovation is a common strategic goal found within each of ETIS’ working groups. In addition to sessions focused on innovative solutions and use-cases presented by our members, participants will have the opportunity to interact with start-ups from the local innovation scene. We’ve worked hard to identify companies working on solutions that can add real value to the telecom sector.
Why Lisbon? In addition to being a beautiful and sunny city, Portugal’s tech scene has been growing for years and the local universities have been advancing interesting projects in artificial intelligence and smart cities. Moreover, Portugal was early on one of the most active markets in FTTH (Fiber-To-The-Home.)
More information on how to join the 2018 ETIS Community Gathering, which will take place from October 18-19 at the Tivoli Oriente in Lisbon, can be found here.
ETIS is the trusted community for telecom professionals. Our goal is to enable our members to reach their strategic objectives and to improve their business performance by sharing knowledge on industry challenges and by collaborating where possible.
For more information on ETIS or how to join our activities, please visit our website at www.etis.org or contact us.