TELCOS IN HEALTH WORKSHOP
ETIS and STL Partners are organising a workshop on 'Telcos in health' and would like to welcome you to Brussels on Friday, May 29, 2020 from 09:00 - 16:00.
The combination of improving health IT systems, more demanding patients, the growing maturity of analytics and AI, and rising cost pressure on healthcare systems are creating a tipping point for growth in digital health. As one of the least digitised sectors, with significant differences in needs and maturity across national markets, healthcare provides Telcos with a real and lasting opportunity to add value beyond core connectivity.
However, healthcare has historically been a difficult market for Telcos to penetrate. Drawing on lessons from Telcos with 10+ years of experience in healthcare, this workshop will help others understand which part of the digital health market they should play in, and how.
The event is open to Telcos that are considering or are already developing a digital health business.
Morning – 9am – 12pm
Introduction to the Coordination Age and overview of the digital health opportunity for telcos Amy Cameron, Senior Analyst, STL Partners
- Making the case for investing in new businesses in the Coordination Age
- Overview of 10 telcos’ strategies in healthcare
- Key lessons for building a healthcare business
- Q&A panel
How to develop and commit to a health strategy for the long term - TELUS (confirmed), speaker TBC
- Presentations from telcos on their experience in building healthcare businesses
- How to sustain investor support over the long term
- Lessons on where to focus and how to organise
Lunch – 12 – 1pm
Afternoon – 1pm – 4pm
Deep dives on telcos’ digital health applications Presenters TBC
- E.g. Home health monitoring, virtual consultations, elderly care, health analytics
- Choosing the right application
- How to do it – M&A, partnerships, internal development
- Key challenges and successes
Workshops: Developing a health proposition
- Divide into discussion groups based on area of focus in health, level of maturity of health business, structure of healthcare market, etc.
- We will share specific topics with attendees closer to time of the event