Can IT help reduce complexity & costs, whilst improving time to market?
|The objective of the Enterprise Architecture Working Group (EA WG) is to identify and share best practices in the development and use of Enterprise Architecture techniques in the support of the telco industry. All telecommunications companies have similar challenges, they have to deal with increasing complexity in business and reduce costs, whilst improving time to market. They do already co-operate in the provision of service to customers, and the next phase is to co-operate in the development of utility under the ETIS umbrella.
Some key topics covered in the group include:
- Service Oriented Architecture – Governance & funding models
- How to measure Business value of IT initiatives
- Patterns and anti-patterns for articulating EA’s value proposition
- Costs and Benefits of IT
- Outsourcing and impact on IT
- M2M and impact on IT
- Knowledge management of EA processes
- Latest EU Regulations updates and expected impact on IT
- Application Lifecycle Management
Some main outputs of the group include:
- Agile product Lifecycle Management (proof of concept)
- Business Realisation Management (M2M project)
- Enterprise Architecture complexity survey
- ETIS EU Roaming Survey 2013
- Service Oriented Architecture Funding models Survey
The ETIS Central Office representative for this group is Terje Tondel, Managing Director of ETIS.
The EA WG meets three times a year at various locations in Europe hosted by ETIS Member Telco companies supported by an active online community. The EA WG is an open group for all ETIS Telco members and Associates. The group is experimenting with new ways of exchanging experiences through café sessions, surveys and ‘Proof of Concepts’ in order to ease and increment knowledge sharing as in the mission of ETIS. Please take the time to check out our Working Groups' schedule on the ETIS Calendar.
For more information on how to join ETIS activities, please contact us
If you are already an ETIS member, please click here to enter the working group area on the Members Corner >>