Smart Charging & Payments Working Group: Supporting New Business & Cloud solutions
24 April 2017
Posted by: Veronika Jermanova
If you are interested in the future and if you want to understand more about ‘what you need is a TeIco in a fast changing world’, then you should come to Reading, UK, on the 11th and 12th of May. There we will have a two-days meeting with the Working Group Smart Charging and Payments.
We changed our WG-name 1 year ago from Billing and Revenue assurance to the Smart Charging and Payments and that makes sense – it is about translating business into money. And of course there is also a question who should represent your Telco. It is financial and it is about New Business and solutions in that area. So there’s not only one answer. I hope we are able to attract Product Management, New Business and Billing specialists. That would bring discussions on a higher level.
I am proud on the fact that we have been able have to attract new Telco-representatives and new vendors. It’s important to have the discussions about Telco business with new professionals.
I am also proud that we have an agenda these two days which addresses the topics that keep many companies busy. This is what you may expect in Reading:
· In March this year Philipp Reischauer (Deutsche Telekom) from our WG, assisted in the new Innovation WG and we discuss based on his experiences the way we can offer knowledge and support to the new growth-opportunities for Telco’s.
· The future with “roam like home” and “zero-rating”; challenging or frightening?
· We will learn about the future that Cloud solutions can bring us. We have three very good examples of vendors that made the step from traditional solutions to Cloud. They will share with us why they think that this is the way to go for a Telco. We will talk about opportunities, advantages and risks entering that area and we will do that together with, Aria Systems, Cerillion and Oracle. They will present their vision and strategy, and will discuss that with the SC&PWG.
· Alex Leslie will give us an overview from what DisruptiveViews says happening around us in Telco-land.
· And you have the opportunity to address your topics for agenda on the annual meeting in Tallinn, later this year in October.
Of course there is much more to share but there is only one way to discover that. The agenda is already available on the ETIS portal.
There is many good reasons why you should be part of the SC&PWG meeting in Reading! Make sure you don’t miss this opportunity. The location is for everybody easy to reach on less than an hour from the airport.
Don’t hesitate to contact Veronika Jermanova from ETIS, email@example.com , or me (Hans Hodes) firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions or need more information. Please register via following link: http://www.etis.org/events/EventDetails.aspx?id=939137&group=.
Hope to see and meet you or people from your company in Reading!
Hans Hodes, Chairman of the WG Smart Charging & Payments